Sunday, November 10, 2013

A nice mix

Oops. I thought I had updated between now and the last time I actually did update. So I guess I have a lot to tell you. Since my last entry, I had hit an all time low. I felt like I wasn't moving anywhere and I had all but decided to go to casting and put in to transfer so I could change things up a bit. But I told myself that before I did that I would talk to some of the managers and see what they had to say, and if they had any advice. Literally the next day, I spoke to some of my managers and everything changed.

::spoiler alert::

I have now been "promoted" to relief coordinator in the Animation Courtyard. I honestly thought that I would get relief in Spectacle of Dancing Lights, which is where they send people to kind of see how they would fare as a coordinator. Instead, I skipped that step and was put right into one of our complexes. While Spectacle of Dancing Lights is fun, it's a temporary gig. The Animation Courtyard is a permanent gig. Since my last entry, I've trained at three more attractions: The Magic of Disney Animation, The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow, and One Man's Dream.

The Magic of Disney Animation is a whole building revolving around animation. We have a drawing class where guests can learn to draw some of their favorite Disney character. There are character meet and greets. And there is a short show about how animated characters come to be. This show is a dialogue between the cast member (aka me) and Mushu the dragon from the Disney movie Mulan.

The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow is a short special effects projection show. Guests are invited in and enlist to be part of Captain Jack's crew! After going through a few tests to see if they are ready to be pirates, they find themselves thrown into the middle of a battle.

One Man's Dream is a museum of Walt Disney's life. It has artifacts and such from his life. As well as models of some of Walt's creations. There is also a short film detailing some of Walt's life.

Now that I'm trained at all the attractions in the Courtyard (The Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Disney, Jr. Live on Stage are also part of the Courtyard), I am now shadowing coordinators. I'm learning what I'll be doing when I am coordinating. I'm learning a lot and having a blast! I've had two shadows so far. I have three left. Then there are a couple other things (including one or two classes) that I need to complete. But then, I'll be able to coordinate in the Courtyard. Hopefully down the road, I'll be able to also learn how to coordinate at Toy Story. And it would be fun to coordinate Spectacle of Dancing Lights. But for now, I'm happy with this.

So now, here's the total:

I can work at six different attractions. I can train at Toy Story and at Disney Jr/Voyage of the Little Mermaid. And I can coordinate all of the Courtyard. That's a lot to be able to do! And it's a nice mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment