Monday, March 11, 2013

Movin' on up

Surprise Surprise, it's been a while since I posted. Sorry again!

Yesterday, my Toy-baby was born. I have been working in the Toybox for nine months. Which also means I've been full time for nine months. Lately, I've been getting super burnt out at work. It seems all I do is work. To have any resemblance of a decent paycheck, I have to put in 50 to 60 hours a week. But the more hours I put in, the more burnt out I get. If I cut back my hours back down to 40, I'll have no spare cash. So I push on through. This past week, I tried my hardest not to get burnt out and to have fun while working. And honestly, going in with that mentality, it helped me. Most of the days I was at work, I was content. I mean, I'm still not as happy as I may have been when I first started there, but I definitely feel better.

But hopefully it'll all change. I found out two exciting things this past week. First, the Toybox is bringing back a backstage tour of Toy Story Midway Mania. At the end of February, the manager in charge of the tour put up a sign up list if we would like to be a tour guide. After anybody interested had put their names down, the manager team would discuss the possibilities and select a few to become tour guides. I found out this week that I was selected to be one of the tour guides! There's no monetary advantage to being a tour guide, but I'm doing it just to mix things up. And I think it will be loads of fun. It's just an extra hour in the morning.

But even more exciting than that, I found out that I would be a trainer! A few weeks ago, the trainer interest list went up. The managers discussed the possibilities and selected five people to give their support to become trainers. On Thursday, I had a meeting with the Training team manager to seal the deal. And found out then and there that I would be moving on and will become a trainer for sure. In the next two months, I will go through the training required to become a trainer, including some E-learning, a class, and trainer shadows. The goal is to have us ready to train by the next CP arrival which is in May.

This is the moment I've been waiting for since I started at Toy Story nine months ago. This was my first major goal, and my first stepping stone into the upper ranks of Disney. The next stepping stone will be to become a Relief Coordinator. This means having the proficiencies of a coordinator, but not being statused in that role. I'm also still keeping my eye on Office and Technical jobs that might catch my eye. But for now, I'm excited for the training experiences to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment