Wednesday, October 3, 2012

This and That

Once again, I find myself failing at updating the blog. I always, always think about it. But then I never do it. I'm just so lazy! As always, I promise to try to do better in the future. Unfortunately, it probably won't happen.

Anyway...Things are going well. Around August, they cut many people's hours. I went from working about 68 hours one week, to 34 the next. Then for several weeks, I was below 40 hours. Just recently, things are starting to pick up a little more. 52 hours this week! Woo!! If they kept be around 50 hours, I'd be happy. I would love more hours here and there, but 50 is a good pay check.

In the past few weeks, people have slowly been leaving Toy Story to go to different areas, mostly the New Fantasyland that is opening soon. For some of the people that are leaving, this is very sad. But on the other hand, there are several people whose time has come to move on. And it's making Toy Story a much happier place to work for many people.

To add to the people who are already leaving for Fantasyland, there many people who trained around the same time as me who have stated that once their six months have passed, they will put in to transfer out of the area because they do not like the area that much. I can't say I disagree with them totally, but I don't have any huge issues with the work area. And furthermore, if they all leave, things will look up for me. My seniority will raise. And I'll be higher on the list for trainer and hopefully coordinator later on.

Now let's talk about other things. Perhaps the cruise I went on! I've never been on a cruise, but my boyfriend loves cruises. So we found one that was a super good deal, and jumped on it. It worked out to be about $90 per night, for three nights. That included everything except alcohol. The room, the food, three Broadway style shows, etc. It was a Disney cruise (obviously!) on the Disney Dream. We boarded the ship in the early afternoon, and spent a few hours in port at Cape Canaveral. We left there around 5. The next morning, we were in Nassau for the day. The next day we arrived at Castaway Cay, Disney's private island. Nick and I had a great time! I loved my first cruise, and can't wait to go back. Disney really does know what they are doing. I highly recommend to everybody to go on a Disney cruise if they have the chance.

And now, a week from today, I will be heading home for a short vacation. I look forward to it. Last time I was home (in May), I only saw a few people mainly because my trip was a surprise for my sister and mother. With that in mind, I did not want to make plans and let the secret out. So this time, my schedule is quite full. The first day is a day with  my sister and brother-in-law. The second day I hope to take a day trip to Chicago. The third and fourth day I'll be in Monmouth and Peoria. Also on the fourth day, I will be going to my cousin's (Dad's side) wedding reception. On the fifth day, it starts to slow down a little. I'll get to see my Mom's side of the family. The sixth day, as of now, I have nothing planned. And then I fly home on the seventh. I very much look forward to it.

But most importantly, tomorrow is the anniversary of when Nick and I went on our first date. We don't have an exact date as of when we were officially together, so we kind of use October 4th as an unofficial, official date. It's been one year that Nick and I have been dating. It's really flown by. I'm so lucky to have him in my life. And I am so thankful that I've been able to share all of my experiences from the past year with such a wonderful man! I look forward to the next year with him, and the every year after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment