Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy Anniversary Walt Disney World

On Saturday, October 1st, Walt Disney World celebrated it's 40th anniversary. On that exact day 40 years previous, the park opened it's gates for the first time to the public. Needless to say, the magic has been kept alive for the past 40 years. So of course, we had to celebrate! The Magic Kingdom had a special celebration that day. They had a ceremony at 10 am. They also passed out special park maps and 40th Anniversary pins. In addition, they had special merchandise that was only sold on that day.

Me and one of my roommates got up early and (after dropping another roommate off at work) went to the Magic Kingdom for the opening Train Ceremony. This is something they do every morning, but I don't recall ever seeing it. I was like a kid in a candy store! I was so excited. Then we got in and went on a couple rides. At 10, we watched the ceremony which was really fun. I almost started crying just thinking about it all. Walt Disney is such an inspirational man!

After the ceremony, we met some characters and then went on more rides. It was a really fun day. And I felt so special being able to participate in the 40th Anniversary Celebration. My life is so Disney! And I love every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment