Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Sorry for not updating for a while. I've been super busy! On Friday, I had what Disney calls "Traditions." It's the Walt Disney orientation that all Disney employees at all the parks from around the world have to complete before they can be considered employees. During this class, we were given our formal Disney ID. In addition, Mickey came and gave us our name tags, which doesn't sound all that exciting. But believe me, name tags are a big deal! During Traditions, I got this overwhelming feeling that I'm exactly where I need to be, doing what I should be doing! It was wonderful! Once we received our official IDs, we could then enter the parks (for FREE!!).

I started training on Saturday. That day was an orientation to Hollywood Studios. And then on Sunday, I started on the job training. I've worked Sunday and Monday, opening shifts. Today, I work 3:30pm until Midnight to learn the closing shift things. I have assessment tomorrow. If I pass (which I should because it's super easy), I will then be done with Training and will start working on my own. All my shifts next week are closing shifts so that'll be interesting! But I love my job! And all the people I work with are really great and nice!

Outside of work, I've met a whole bunch of interesting and fun people! My roommates are great! All six of us get along really well!

That's about it for now! I'm only starting my seventh day, but I feel like I've been here a lot longer! But it's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment